Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's day...Singleness...Loneliness

This is a shout out to all my lady friends...near and far...

I'm fully aware the Valentine's day is just around the corner. And although I am now married, I most definitely have not forgotten the looming emotions that try to take their toll on single ladies.

Lonliness is a real part of life...married or single... but it seems especially around this time of year that my single lady friends have a particularly rough time with embrassing and appreciating their gift of singleness.

I call it a "gift" because I truly believe that is what it is. For those of you who know me....which I'd imagine most of you do or you would not be reading my blogs...You know that I just married this past August at the age of 29.

Yes, I love Andrew with my whole heart and now cannot imagine life without him...but let me just say for the record...I also would not have traded my single twenties for anything.

Sure there were lonely days but it was a huge realization for me in my early twenties that no man is ever going to fill that lonliness. Married or not. I'd of wasted so much of my twenties if I had just waited for "Mr. Right" to come along and sweep me off my feet so that true life could begin.

My twenties were full of adventure! I can hardly wait to see what my thirties will look like. I am sure they will be very different.

One thing I'd like to just encourage you ladies in is to be true to yourself. Don't wait for a man to make you feel special. So what you don't have a date or someone significant to spend Valentine's with?!? Make it count. And by all means DON'T sit at home and sulk. Why do we do that to ourselves, ladies?

Go out for dessert with some girlfriends. Have a worship night. Avoid romantic movies. Buy yourself flowers or that must have pair of jeans you've been wanting. Go volunteer somewhere. Paint your fingernails & toenails red...you sassy lady you...Take out a youth girl & invest...Lattes anyone?

Don't let this Hallmark holiday get you down.

You're more than that...

Remember, most of all....Single or not...There is ONE who is most jealous for you and will continue to be until the end of time... He will NEVER disappoint.

"The King is entralled by your beauty, honor him, for he is your lord." Psalm 45:11

Sending some love to all my ladies! Keep it on the real!

1 comment: