Monday, February 14, 2011

The kindness of a stranger

Today I woke up feeling kind of glum. Knowing it would be a long day alone as the husband has a longer than normal day of work & is currently without a cell phone. Not to mention knowing that today & tomorrow mark the annual Master's Commission conference...which bring back a flood of memories & makes me miss MC all the more.

So after Andrew left for work at 6:30 this morning, I went back to bed. Once I awoke, I decided it would be best if I got out of the house for a little bit today. So after a trip to the post office to mail the forgotten items that the nieces left behind, then to Walmart for a few items....I headed to find a nail salon to get a much needed pedicure.

It was a normal salon visit...massage chair...foot spa...& relaxation. Once my toenails were painted...it was time to dry.

At the drying station there was another lady who was drying her finger nails. She noticed me using my phone & asked if I knew anything about twitter...which then led to about a twenty minute conversation just sharing our lives with one another. At the end of the conversation we exchanged names & numbers.

If nothing comes of meeting this perfect stranger today, I know that her kindness & sincerity impacted & challenged me.

You may never know the difference you make when you take the time to get outside of your little world & reach out to others.

Pause when you are out and about and take notice of those who are around you. Be led of the Spirit as you speak words of life & encouragement to yes, even perfect strangers.

Let us not forget...that a smile & a friendly hello go a long way nowadays as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment