Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Obsessed

I think it's obsession...Andrew just says he has a lot to learn.

Let me explain...

One of Andrew's "hobbies" is guns...this means buying guns, shooting guns, researching guns, and as of late...learning how to make his own ammo.

So in the matter of a few days, I'd estimate he has spent 20-25 hours researching online about the newest gun he has added to his collection and the "how to" of making ammo for it.

Now I'll confess...I DON'T get the OBSESSION. I mean how can someone spend HOURS a day reading about the same thing?!?! And be perfectly content doing so?

To be honest, I've gotten slightly annoyed the last few days because of the amount of time he has committed to researching his hobby.

So naturally, I had to ask myself why am I so annoyed? This is something my husband cares about...

Of course there are several things I'm sure that attribute to the "annoyedness"...but for the sake of this blog...I'll spare you the list.

The bottom line is once I started evaluating and asking the question of "why?" it brought me to one very challenging question...

How OBSESSED am I with my heavenly Father? His Word? Spending time with Him? Do I "research" His Word for hours with great delight in my heart to learn?

Obession-the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, or desire (www.dictionary.com)

Perhaps a lot in our society, the word "obsessed" has a negative conotation attached to it.

However, I know for me...it's taken on a new meaning...and given me a new challenge...

There is no greater LOVE in this life & beyond to be OBSESSED over... All else cannot even compare...

Are my thoughts & feelings CONSUMED with all that He is? Or do they all too often get entangled by the cares of this world?

He is... Faithful. Just. True. Loving. Peace. Friend. Comforter. All that I need. And the most WORTHY OBSESSION at that.

1 comment: